- Come to Our Next W.I.S.E. Coffee, May 26, 9:30 a.m.
- Come to Our Next W.I.S.E. Coffee Meeting, May 12, 2015, 7 p.m.
- How to Write a Viral Blog Post–Amazing Info Revealed at Our April 14th, 2015, W.I.S.E. Coffee Meeting
- Fantastic Writing Opportunity–Dana Bell’s Extinct Possibilities Anthology
- Getting Reviewed by Book Bloggers–What Was Revealed at Our March 31, 2015, W.I.S.E. Coffee Meeting
Category Archives: Writing Instruction
How to Write a Viral Blog Post–Amazing Info Revealed at Our April 14th, 2015, W.I.S.E. Coffee Meeting
We had a blast at our last meeting! I’d had this blog post “Lessons From Blog Posts That Went Viral” in my back pocket for a while. At our April 14th meeting, I pulled it out of said pocket and presented … Continue reading
In our March 10th W.I.S.E. Coffee, we learned about using intellectual property lawyers to negotiate book contracts, and we learned some things that are typically negotiable in that contract. (You can find them in your state and city here.) Two … Continue reading
Don’t use passive voice… Passive vs. active voice is always good to review. At our last Day Meeting, I shared a blog post by Grammar Girl (Mignon Fogarty) about that very subject. Active voice is when you have a subject, … Continue reading
Presented to Words for the Journey as an Appetizer, February 14, 2012 by Denise Miller Holmes Here are the second round of tips to help remove obstacles to getting your first novel published. 6) Create a layered protagonist who is the … Continue reading
There are enough obstacles in your path as a first novelist, and you are wise to omit as many as you can. Here are five of ten tips to increase your chances of getting your first novel published. (You’ll get … Continue reading